If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

28,888

I'm all but sweating blood to get words today. I'm having a hard time focussing, and the notecards aren't helping. I realized that I'm writing fluff. The whole point of this book is supposed to be a sort of spiritual coming of age for my MC. She's supposed to realize that it doesn't matter what other people think, it doesn't matter if her house is spotless, or if she makes brownies from scratch. What is important is that she glorify God through the raising of her children and the loving of her husband. I haven't been doing such a good job of conveying that, I don't think, but she's in the hospital for the better part of a week now, and her husband just brought her Bible to her, so maybe I can fix that. I'm sure it will really hit home when she realizes that her husband and sister-in-law are handling everything while she sleeps off her pain meds!

I still have a good 750 words to round out the day. It sounds like the drier is almost done, so I'll take care of laundry, and then it's back to the grindstone. I can't even have a glass of wine yet because I have taxi duty for youth group tonight. *sigh* The things I do for my kids.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home