If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Happy New Year (almost)

I hope everyone had a great holiday with plenty of time off. The visit with the family went great. Ryan got to be the Alpha for a few days, since he was the one not afraid of the dog. He gave the girls courage to come down and be sociable.

We took Mom and Stepdad to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra on Wednesday night. Oh. My. Gosh. If you have the chance to go see them, GO! They were amazing. The show was every bit of three hours--no intermission, no stops. They started with Wizards In Winter* and ended with a combination of Beethoven's 9th and Mozart's Requiem. Most of the second half was like listening to a modern version of the Hooked On Classics tapes we had when I was a teen. It was an incredible show, probably the best concert we've ever been to, and next year we'll take the kids, too.

I've been "off" for a week now, and it's been good so far. I spent all of Thursday relaxing. I made a wrap for Mom and had more than enough yarn left, so I made her a scarf, too. Yesterday I painted the stairway, today I finally painted the guest room, and later today or tomorrow I'll re-paint the stairway. I got the wrong can of paint. I knew it didn't look right, but it was the only thing in the garage that looked white. Turns out the right paint was in the laundry room. It's not all bad, though; it needed a second coat.

So that's about it here. I have some projects still to take care of, but I have a few more days off too. Yeah for days off!


*That's the song used in the video on-line last year of the guy who programmed the Christmas lights on his house to music. I saw the video on-line and made Eric go buy me the CD, and I've been hooked since.

Labels: ,

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home