If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Perspective, the morning after

OK, so the book isn't done yet. Mine won't be the only one; I know of at least two of my students who won't be done either. (Vicky finished Wednesday, and I'm proud of her. She worked like crazy on it.) This is also the first run of this class, so rough spots were to be expected. On the bright side, I added 14 pages to the manuscript this week. I think that was almost 6,000 words. That's better than I've done all year. Another 3-4 days of that and it will be done in plenty of time to e-mail to the kids for final approval. I have also been thinking about how to do it differently next time.

This has been an interesting class for me. Once again, I've underestimated teens. They were very enthusiastic, didn't complain very much when the rest of the class didn't agree, and so far their stories have been really great. I know a couple want to take the class again.

For now, I have to get ready for class. I have my part printed so it's a matter of stapling and gathering my notes on editing. The last class is next week. It's been great, but I'm looking forward to having my old schedule back. It means I have to work on Friday, but I don't have to work on Saturday. Yeah for a day off!

Labels:

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home