If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Almost there...

Some of you know that last summer, my host for Dragonsroost went out of business. Eric said it was no big deal; we had an old computer. We'd just replace the hard drive, get some software, and we'd be back in business.

I am virtually computer illerate. I thought it would be that easy.

Wrong.

The computer is rebuilt. Software is installed. The pages have been rebuilt and improved. I've established a writing log to serve as a record of my work and as a source of accountability. Now I'm just waiting on Jatol to set up my account. They host HollyLisle.com and Forward Motion; I don't think they're going anywhere anytime soon.

I'm hoping against hope at this point that by this time tomorrow I'll have everything back on line. I'm almost afraid to hope; I have, oh, about two dozen copies of The Dragons Lady floating around the Middle East with a URL on them that has been down for six months. That, by itself, is a cause for concern; never mind the fact that I paid for a domain I haven't been able to use. At this point I'm soliciting prayers and good vibes. I'm ready to get down to business.

2Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Hope all goes well.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Jordan Summers said...

Good vibes coming your way.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home