If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I think I might be too old

Ryan kitty is very sweet and affectionate. He takes about two seconds to fill the nearest lap, and he fills laps all the way up! I'm guessing he's close to 10 lbs. The trouble is, he's shy about coming out of the laudry room and connecting hallway. He seems to know that the girls aren't too keen on his presence and is being very gentlemanly. Ergo, he wants scritchies, but to give them, we have to sit on the hallway floor. My back is killing me. I have to go to work. I hope the heat patch helps.

I think I might also be too old to wear my PJ top when I take the kid to school. I put on jeans and a jacket, so I'm mostly dressed, technically. This morning, though, a lady was dropping her sons off, and one of them had driven. She smiled at me as she walked around the back of the car to get from the passenger side to the drivers side, and she was nicely dressed and made up. Going to work, no doubt. I, on the other hand, was wearing a shearling jacket over a pink PJ top, no make-up, finger combed hair. I smiled back, of course. She's a mom. Of course, half the neighborhood drove by when I got out of the car at home, including one of the builders. Yeah, that's attractive. It's just to dad-burn early to be beautiful.

1Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Just button/zip the jacket. What's this makeup stuff? I won't mess up my skin with that stuff. Keep smiling. Maybe she went to the office and blogged how cool it would be to be able to drop the kids at school in jeans and a PJ top.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home