If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Clearing out

I just went through my wardrobe, looking for things that could be better used by others. I know the church will be having a clothing drive for evacuees sometime, and I had the time to get ready for it today.

It took a grand total of half an hour to go through everything, including winter clothing. Since we've moved so much, clearing out clothes that don't fit is a semi-annual thing. What it boils down to is laziness; I don't see a reason to move things I can't use!

I gathered a good garbage bag full just from my clothing, and you can't really tell by looking at my closet. It makes me think of the colonial costumes we have; almost all of the clothing for three of us fits in one footlocker.

We're so blessed. It makes me wonder what else I have lying around that I might use once or twice a year that someone else could use more frequently.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home