If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Together

I'm blessed. I found the right man early in my life. We were barely adults when we met. When we married, I couldn't drink legally.

His mom was a wise woman and raised him right. He cooks. He cleans. He LIKES to shop!

And therein lies the problem.

We stopped at the grocery store on our way home from the gym. We needed a few little things: fruit, flour, hamburgers, spaghetti. I should have known better, but it was on the way home, and it was too hot to go back out later.

Our cart was a quarter full before we left produce. The meat counter took another half. We almost had a problem in the soda aisle and had to resort to using the bottom of the cart. We spent almost what I budget for two weeks of groceries. I am officially out of freezer space, and the fridge space isn't too much better. However, the kids and I will be gone next week so the stuff we bought will stretch further.

I will say that we came home with some yummy stuff, and there was no junk food. None. The kids were peeved, which made it so much better! He even talked me down from the donuts in the bakery.

I did tell him that we need to stop shopping together. It's not just like this with groceries. I won't even go into the gorey details of our Walmart excursion on Saturday. I meant it at the time. Logically it makes sense. It's just so much fun. I mean, who knew you could bond with your husband over a shopping cart? It must take a soul mate for that.

1Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

You had me rolling with you glee at the kids being peeved. Yeah! That's what cohesive parenting is all about. :)

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home