If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Definitive proof

It nearly took an act of congress, but I got to the gym yesterday for half an hour of cardio. I really don't like cardio. I don't like to sweat. I do it for weight control and to help build bone density; at my age you almost can't be too dense.

There are other positive side effects that I didn't know about before because I always lost interest and stopped too soon. It really does reduce my stress level, and it seems to keep my body moving smoothly. I've noticed that if I skip a few days of gym time, my joints get stiff, particularly in my feet and legs. My lower back starts to ache.

It also takes the edge off a potential psychotic episode, as I discovered yesterday.

So today, I've already been to the gym and showered, and I'll be meeting friends for lunch in the local (very cute) tea room. I'm told the owner makes the best desserts. I may have to go back to the gym later!

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home