If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Some people just don't get it

I can't say why I happened upon this, but I will say it took five minutes to Google Westboro Baptist Church and find this article.

The Westboro Baptist Church website* professes to adhere to the 'Old School Baptist beliefs' based on John Calvins doctrine. I don't see any evidence of this. This is a group of militants who give Christians a bad name. To any of my readers who are not Christian but are thinking about becoming one, these are people you need to run away from.

They are protesting at the funerals of military men and women killed in the line of duty. They picket with inflamatory signs because they believe that this war is God's punishment on the U.S. for condoning homosexuality.

Let me be clear. I'm not gay. Never have been, never will be. I am a Christian. I believe what the Bible says about everything, not just homosexuality. Having said that, I don't know of any cases where a person was saved by having his sin shoved in his face by a bunch of self-righteous, self-serving militant psuedo-Christians. We're supposed to love one another. If this is their way of showing love, I'd hate to see them angry.


*I purposely left the link off. The site was so offensive that I refuse to link with it. Google it if you want to see it, but don't do it on a full stomach.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home