If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Another room done

I just finished the second coat of paint in my bedroom, which means I'm speckled with Muted Gold. I suspect it's going to take a long shower to keep me from wearing paint to church tomorrow.

I heard from Jean; she's battened down the hatches and watching to see how much strength Dennis picks up as he crosses the Gulf.

I think I'm glad to be switching over here. Already the blog looks better, and I have comments enabled! To think, someone might actually leave me a comment from time to time! No, that's not a hint...

I'm in hopes that we'll have a server going within a month so that I can get Dragonsroost up and running again. It's going to take some parts replacement to get the machine up and running again, and I'm also going to do a redesign. I'm not limited by a Mac server anymore, so I can go back to Frontpage or some other HTML editor. Netscape was ok, but too vanilla. Or maybe I just don't know what I'm doing. That's entirely possible.

1Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Netscape is pretty vanilla. You can do some good, basic stuff with it, but beyond that, you're on your own.

FrontPage is a good, versatile tool. I wanted something more and asked hubby for Dreamweaver (actually, Studio) for Christmas last year. If you are eligible for an educational discount, it's very reasonable (around $200). If you are only using it as a learning tool for your personal website, I think the educational license works fine. Retail, Studio is $995, but you can find it discounted at various places.

Macromedia Studio comes with Dreamweaver, Fireworks, FreeHand, Flash MX, and a few other little utilities. I've done some good graphics work with Fireworks. I haven't devoted the time to Dreamweaver to be fully comfortable with it yet.

Good luck. Of course, did you know for a little over $100 a year, someone else can host your site, and you don't have to worry about a server crashing? Holly swears by jatol.com. I use iPowerWeb, but there are lots of services available in that pricerange. Check here: http://100best-domain-name-registration.com/

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home