If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Monday, March 08, 2010

Double digits

Today makes ten days since my last cup of coffee. Don't be too impressed; I'm drinking tea to avoid the worst of the withdrawal. Still, I've gone from 4-5 cups of coffee a day to 5-6 cups of tea. Considering coffee has double the caffeine of black tea, I'm pretty happy with that at this point.

I really don't miss it as much as I thought I would. It catches me off guard sometimes, when I catch a stray whiff in public. Mostly, though, I'm doing pretty well. I put away the coffee maker and got out the iced tea maker, and I'm doing hot tea in the morning so there really hasn't been any culture shock. I found a really good spicy pear black tea at a place a few blocks from my church. It's a little pricey, but as one of my friends pointed out, it's probably pretty hard to grow spicy pears. ;-P

Labels:

4Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Are you sure? I thought tea (unless it was decaffeinated or naturally caffeine free) tended to have more caffeine than coffee...I can't remember. Mind all scrambled.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I'm sure. Here's how it shakes out:

Item Oz caff/mg
Coffee (Br) 8 108
Coffee (DC, Br) 8 6
Coffee (DC, In) 8 3
Coffee (Drip) 8 145
Coffee (Espresso)1.5 77
Coffee (Instant) 8 57
Tea (Br) 8 47
Tea (Brewed,Im) 8 60
Tea (Green) 8 25
Tea (Iced) 8 47
Tea (Instant) 8 26
Tea (white) 8 15

Br=Brewed
DC=Decaf
In=Instant
IM=Imported

http://www.energyfiend.com/the-caffeine-database

3:08 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

I guess that lays it all out. Tea wins hands down.

I drank only tea until I was around 28. Then I started drinking a little coffee. Tea is still my preference, and that's what I drink when hubby isn't around. But I can put away some coffee if it's available.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I know! We drank most of a pot between the two of us when you stopped through here.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home