If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Decaffeinating

This will come as a shock to some of you, but I'm in the process of giving up coffee. Again. I tried to quit about a year and a half ago but never really got to the end of the process. I do drink a lot less coffee than I used to, but I'm thinking it's time to take it to the next level. Part of the reason is that I've just learned the coffee can interfere with the absorption of B vitamins and some minerals, like magnesium and zinc. These are nutrients that people with ADD are typically deficient in. The whole over-taxed adrenal thing doesn't help at all.

My hope is that as I detox from the caffeine my body will adjust and I'll find my focus and energy again. My mom is the frigging Energizer Bunny, and I'd like to be able to keep up with her! I've found non-caffeinated substitutes that I'm hoping will fool my brain into thinking it's getting the morning fix. That's the plan, anyway. We'll see how it goes this time.

Labels:

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home