If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Racking Up The Martyr Points

The Boys will be here later this week so I'm trying to get ready. It's hot and humid--August hot in June--and the heat has me cranky. I have a long list of things to do, and the family has been helping me mark things off. It's not that I'm doing it all on my own, but part of what I need to do is dependent on someone else getting their stuff out of the way and it's not getting done.

To battle resentment I give myself Martyr Points. I don't know how many I have, but I've been collecting them for a year or so. They're not really worth anything; everyone knows that martyrs don't get earthly rewards so I can't cash them in for anything. They serve no purpose other than to diffuse my frustration.

The long and short of it is that I've had enough fun for now, but I still have miles to go before I sleep.

Labels:

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home