If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lift off

It's rained on and off for two days, and apparently our frost danger has passed because I have a couple hundred volunteer baby tomatoes taking over. Honestly, they're blowing my mind. These are third generation tomatoes. I don't even remember what variety they are, except that they're more than likely cherry. They might be Roma. Most of what is available around here are hybrids, but I can't imagine hybrid seeds coming up year after year. They're just not developed to do that.

None of these plants were up on Sunday. The rain started Monday and, as usual, everything in the earth exploded. A couple of the potatoes have not come up yet, but I'll give them a few more days. It might just be that I'll have four mounds instead of six. If that's the case, it's all good. I can plant extra beans or spinach there with no hardship.

We also have a bunny hanging around the house, just waiting for me to plant lettuce this week, I'm sure. Until I can get a picture of it, you'll have to settle for Baby Tomato pictures.

Here are some with a shallot,

and several more with a potato. I think the blob in the middle might be an egg shell. If I'd been paying attention I would have flicked it out before I took the picture.



This is the new bed, which I weeded last week. Obviously there is more to do. The tomatoes and green beans will go out here.



Labels: ,

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home