If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Friday, March 21, 2008

It doesn't take much

Recently we did the cell phone shuffle. Alex and I were due upgrades, but they didn't have the phone I wanted, so I got the phone Eric wanted and traded with him. His old phone/my new phone is my preferred brand, and the only thing I didn't like was the selection of ring tones.

Yesterday, I found myself in the car (parked, thank you) with a few minutes to kill, so I was messing with my phone and discovered the option to download ring tones. I know, everyone is thinking I've been living under a rock. No, I had never downloaded a ring tone; I've never needed to. My old phones had enough options the I was able to pick something without the added expense. Until yesterday. I scrolled through pages of options, settled on Raiders of the Lost Ark, and voila! I'm cool!

This morning I went to the website to see what else they have. :-) I found VeggieTales.

I wonder if downloading ring tones is addictive...

Labels: ,

2Comments:

Blogger Valerie Comer said...

When I got my cell phone, it was set to tweet like a bird. I thought it was cool and left it like that. I'm the only person I know whose purse starts tweeting.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

My cell phone was part of a Star Wars promotion. It had the whole Star Wars theme and everything. Ugh. I used the default ring tones for a little while, then I downloaded two. I assigned "Let Me Take You Home Tonight" to hubby's cell phone and the theme from The Pink Panther is for everyone else.

I suppose it could be addictive. I suggest imagining hearing the ring tone in several places and listening to it over and over before downloading to make sure it's a song you really want to hear. I discarded several songs I like because I didn't want to hear them in the context of the phone.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home