If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Friday, February 29, 2008

Finished the West Coast Trail

I finished the 47 mile trail along the west coast of British Columbia last night. Our next virtual hike--the Appalachian Trail--officially starts tomorrow. There's still time to join us!

It's really much easier than I thought it would be. The weather has been lousy this month, and I still managed to average 1.7 miles a day. Most of that was at work or around the house; I just put my pedometer on in the morning. I think I went outside to walk three or four times. Now that the weather is improving I should be able to bump my average up with no hardship. If I average two miles a day, the AT will take me three years to complete. If that doesn't get the habit good and ingrained, nothing will!

Labels:

3Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on finishing your virtual hike!

I work for Parks Canada in coastal British Columbia, so I monitor news and websites for references to the West Coast Trail and other sites that we manage.

When I first came across your blog and those of other members of your virtual hiking party, I was totally amazed. A virtual hike of the WCT, complete with inspirational images, is an excellent idea!

So congratulations on finishing your virtual hike. We give hikers of the actual trail a certificate when they finish. If you're interested, I'd like to honour your achievement by sending you a virtual certificate via email. Just drop me a line at

eric.baron(at)pc.gc.ca

if you'd like that.

Well done, and good luck with your Appalachian Trail virtual hike!

Eric.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Thanks, Eric. We loved hiking your trail. Good job, EJ!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Valerie Comer said...

WooHoo! I emailed Eric, too. Very neat offer, and High Fives for finishing, EJ!

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home