If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Vitamins

The last several weeks I have been increasingly irritable and tired. I haven't been sick, just tired and cranky. At first I thought it was vacation hangover from my trip to Florida. Then I blamed it on my increased work hours for the Annual Valentines Dinner. After that, I just blamed February and its lack of sunshine. Now it's March, and the sun is shining for at least a while almost every day, but it's Lent and I have a lot going on at church.

I'm working on the Nutrition class for my certification, and the very first thing I learned that it is possible to write non-fiction in the manner of Tolkien. I read The Hobbit a few years ago and only finished it because of pure stubbornness. The movies are enthralling, but I have no patience when an author is so detailed that he goes on and on about the hair on the hobbit's feet. That's how my text book is. The first chapter was about 40 pages on water. I'm now on chapter five, the Vitamin Chapter, having endured 100+ pages on water, carbs, protein (and amino acids) and fat. Somewhere around page 120, I started reading about the B vitamins. I only got through the first three before my train of thought derailed (I was studying at work during a bridal shower where about a dozen kids were in attendance, but that's another story) and I gave up. Interesting tidbit, though--vitamin B deficiency is characterized by fatigue, irritability, and inability to concentrate.

Coincidence? I'll let you know.

Labels: , ,

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home