If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Speaking of lost minds...

I had mine at some point. I'm just not sure when or where I lost it. Maybe it's in one of the 25 boxes that never got here from Italy. We're still trying to figure out everything that was in them.

I had an epiphany the other day. Eric and I have lived in eight houses since we married. That's eight houses in eighteen years. Of those eight and eighteen, four houses and ten years were on base in houses that were too small by at least 1/3. I've battled clutter for eighteen years, but it didn't occur to me until recently that every room of every house was multi-purpose. We had living room/dining room/offices. You get the picture.

Now, finally, we have a house with enough space, and it dawned on me that every room doesn't have to be multi-purpose. There are times when the purposes will overlap, like when I have sewing to do and it's convenient to leave my stuff on the dining room table. My plan is to get things into the rooms in which they belong and find homes for them so that I won't have to battle clutter quite so much. This will be combined with donating and selling things I don't need. It will be a prolonged process, but now I have a plan, and for me, that's half the battle.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home