If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Kicking it up a notch

Just when I think parenting is going to get easier, it gets more complicated. I thought Freshman year was hell when I was in school, but it's got nothing on doing it from the parental perspective.

Our pastor, who was formerly a teacher, assured us that every kid loses their brain when they start their Freshman year. All of them. Freshmen years (high school and college) are statistically the hardest because there are new conditions to adjust to.

However, I don't remember if she said that they find it before they finish college.

For all of our sakes, I hope they do. Soon!

I think it was easier before he was potty trained.

2Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

I'm sorry EJ, but I'm surprised that you're surprised. I hope you're only experiencing the common brain loss problem and not a serious brain loss problem.

I believe they do find them around the time of college graduation (but if you're real lucky, they move out shortly after high school and you only have to experience it vicariously for the next four years).

I last saw my older granddaughter two days after her first day of middle school, which she described at the worst day one could imagine. Fortunately, the second day went better for her.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Valerie Comer said...

Personally, I would like to erase the year my son was 14. He's now 21, and I think he'd like to erase parts of it already, too. **shudder.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home