If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

My birthday present

It's not for another month, but I'm getting a writing retreat for my birthday. Just me and my laptop in the Red Room. I've never stayed in a B&B before so it should be interesting. It's in an area similar to where I'm setting my NaNo novel so I can do some writing and sight-seeing/research, and it gives me a weekend away, all by myself. If I check out early enough, I can get back in time for church, too. Maybe I'll sneak in a little late and sit in the back. :)

In other exciting news, I entered a drawing at PBW. Long story short, we were to leave a comment about what we covet, and she would choose randomly. My name was drawn and I won a copy of Talyn, signed by Holly Lisle! Yeah! I'm really excited, especially since Borders has had this book back-ordered for two weeks and I just don't have time to haunt other book stores. Besides, that would mean having to go to the mall where I worked last Christmas. *shudders at the flashback* That one will go to the top of the to-be-read pile when it gets here!

1Comments:

Blogger Valerie Comer said...

Wow! Two big congrats to you! I wanted to win a Talyn, too (pouts). And the writing weekend sounds great!

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home