If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Gracie strikes again!

A friend of mine is getting ready to move, so I went to help her today. While walking in her yard, I found a hole and twisted the crap out of my ankle. I walked it off; I knew she'd freak out if I was really hurt. Honestly, after a minute or so, it felt fine.

A couple hours later I had a little twinge of pain.

When I got home, another hour after the first twinge, it was throbbing. I sent Vicky to root around in the medicine cabinet; I was hoping for some left-over Demerol, even when I knew there wasn't any. She found a bottle with two prescription strength Motrin. (Vitamin M for you military folks.) The Motrin dulled the pain enough that I can hobble instead of writhing on the bed in pain. I have been alternating heat and ice and keeping it elevated, I can wiggle my toes, and there is no swelling or brusing. My neighbor is a fireman, and he thinks it's just pulled tendons. I'm inclined to agree, but it hurts like the dickens, and I only have one Motrin left.

Needless to say, we won't be making it to church tonight, and the Pizza Hut guy will handle dinner.

2Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Ah, Vitamin M. Drink plenty of fluids with that. Be prepared for it to take awhile to heal. I did my left ankle in, and it took six months before it was close to right. I still don't have the range of motion it should.

A hint from my PA, consider starting a regimen of glucosamin chondroitin. The brand name I use is called Osteo Bi-Flex, but I hear the kind Sam's Club carries is better and cheaper. For what it's worth, I no longer take a prescription pain reliever for my arthritis.

Hope you feel better soon.

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you will get well soon.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home