If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Mental dump

I haven't posted for a while because, frankly, there hasn't been anything constructive, entertaining, or enlightening to say. It's been a busy couple of weeks. Between extra work hours, fetching Alex home from school, and a quick family visit I haven't had time to write or research. To be blunt, I've barely been keeping my head above water. The cold I'm fighting isn't helping my attitude. I have things to do but no energy to do them, and I'm too stubborn to give up and go to bed. I was going to enjoy this Christmas season, but so far it's just been Christmas as usual--work, shop, fight crowds and traffic, and try not to get sick. Yesterday my family did the Advent Candle at church, and all the way through I wondered how we'd gotten to the last Sunday in Advent already. I know--I'm starting to sound like a broken record.

Maybe I'd better just log off the 'net for the day and try to keep human contact to a minimum. Maybe if I sit in the hot tub later I can trick my body into thinking I have a fever and get it to kill this virus faster, which, I think will do more for my attitude than anything. It sure won't hurt my voice, now that we're three days from Christmas Eve.

Labels: , ,

1Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

I'm pretty much right there with you -- at least on the cold thing.

I'm fighting mine off, but I still feel crummy. For the moment, it's stuck in my sinuses and throat. It's trying to move to my chest, and I really don't want it to do that.

I have dragged myself to bed, but it really hasn't seemed like it helped.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home