If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Epic fail

Just in case anyone is wondering, roofers and migraines go together like toothpaste and OJ. If that's surprising to anyone, I'm happy for you. This migraine has been hanging around for a couple of days, mostly in the periphery thanks for my herbs and the occasional dose of Excedrin.

I knew it would be persistent yesterday when I dropped a gallon of concentrated laundry detergent next to the litter boxes. I was trying to move it to a higher shelf. If I'd been another inch taller (or gone to get the step ladder) I could have done it, but I bumped the edge of the shelf and it fell out of my hand. Basically I tossed it backwards over my shoulder. Of course the lid broke and it spilled, mixing nicely with the litter on the floor around the boxes. (Clay, anyone?) It also spattered detergent about 4' up on wall and 2' up the adjacent wall. Needless to say, it was a real booger to clean up. In the middle of the process the sub-contractor came by to find out if he could put the dumpster on the right side of the driveway. I'd just gotten him squared away and gotten back to work when the phone rang. I can barely remember the last time I had so much fun. The roofer/migraine combination, while annoying, is a little more preferable because I didn't cause it. I will be very glad when they're done.

Labels: ,

1Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

That hurts just to read about.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home