If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Crunchy Sunshine

I'm not a competitive person. I like to win things, of course, but I don't go out of my way to participate in competitions, especially when it's 97* and I'm in multiple layers of clothing. A dessert contest was a little too much temptation. My friend Linda and I collaborated on an entry based on something we make at The Day Job. The required ingredient was kiwi, which we mixed with tropical mixed fruit, vanilla yogurt, and trail mix with nuts parfait style in fancy candle votives. We were pretty pleased with the way they came out, and very pleased that the judges had to work to pick winners. In the end, we took 2nd place. 1st place had chocolate, and that's a little hard to complain about!


















(I'm actually a little amazed that the photos are as clear as they are. I had to snap them quickly so we could cover them up before the flies found them.)

Labels:

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home