If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Waking Walter

I bought some e-books from Hollylisle.com, one of which is her new plot clinic. I'm not through the whole thing yet, but so far her ideas and suggestions have gotten Walter's (my Muse) attention. I've added some to Sword and Scabbard, but I've also expanded another story idea and had yet another! I went to a chamber music concert this afternoon, and he was whispering in my ear.

In addition, The NYT Best Selling Author who golfs with Scott's brother had a long conversation with Scott last week which yielded some really good stuff. He sent Scott one of his old outlines, wich of course Scott sent to me. Oh my. 27 pages worth of outline. I read half of the outline and went out and bought the book. I'm going to print the outline and keep it handy while I'm reading the book so I can see how the book's content expanded and/or twisted.

I feel like I've rounded part of the learning curve.

Labels:

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home