If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Shopping

We have a huge catering gig at work this weekend. The dress code requires black pants and a white shirt. The black shoes I wore Valentines night me blistered and miserable, so after dinner I embarked on a quest for black work sneakers.

Normally I work in Nikes, but of course I went to three stores and could not find black Nikes. I settled for Champions, which I think will be fine, and since they had a sale going I bought two similar pairs. I figure if nothing else I can change shoes part way through the gig. I have a couple days to test wear them, too.

While I was out, I decided to look for tops, either mock turtlenecks or polos. I don't need it for the gig; I need it to go under a wool sweater with a slightly itchy neckline.

I found nothing.

Nada.

Well, that's not exactly true. I did find one polo with horizontal stripes, and some polos in the men's department that would not have fit right. I also found button-down cotton shirts that I thought might work, and the price was right.

Then I realized I was in Maternity. They didn't have cute stuff when I was pregnant! Makes me so mad; I was stuck with turquoise overalls, tent dresses, expando panel jeans, and Eric's shirts. Oh, and let's not forget the lovely maternity battle dress uniform! You, too, can look like a walking bush!

Sorry. I digress.

I ended up with the shoes I needed. That was the important part. I'll find the other stuff later, but I'll shop someplace where I won't wander into Maternity so easily.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home