If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Air brakes

I've posted before that writing Sword and Scabbard is like collecting maple sap. I think a better analogy would be riding the bus: stop and go. You might hit a decent speed for a while, and then it's time for the next stop. I'm so close to the end. I just have one last detail to tie up, and it's not cooperating. That generally means I'm doing it wrong, but I'll be durned if I know how else to do it.

All that positive energy I spread around Terre Haute must have been my store for the month because my brain has been largely non-functional since I got back. I miss thinking. If you've seen Walter the Muse, please send him home.

Labels:

1Comments:

Blogger Valerie Comer said...

Huh, the analogy I often use is learning to drive a standard. Or maybe it was just me, lurching forward, almost stalling, etc. Good times.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home