If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Introspective

Someone told me recently that the very act of being aware of something changes it. I'm sure I don't have the wording just right; it's a priciple in physics that also applies to psychology.

With this in mind, I have tried to find the source of certain patterns in my behavior and have come up with interesting solutions. F'rinstance, if I'm feeling sluggish, I first think about when I last ate and what it was. If it was healthy and recent, I turn on more lights and it seems to work. It's a matter of being more aware of what's happening around and within me.

I know this all sounds wierd and rather metaphysical. I haven't gone off the deep end. I've just been watching snow fall all day and I guess it's got me turning inward.

Or maybe my brain has frozen.

That's a distinct possibility.

2Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like Taoist, Zen or Jedi thinking, EJ. Depends upon one's certain truths and P.O.V. to understand your unique metaphysical enlightenment, EJ.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Valerie Comer said...

One of my bosses has a tshirt that reads something like: *If a man says something and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?* I mean, do you have to ask? Of course the answer is yes!! I'm not sure how that fits your post, but my brain made the leap over and I thought I'd share.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home