If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

We took the cats for their health check this morning and wrapped up the last of our Vicenza errands. Tess was a yowling ball of fur and claws in the car, but when we took the carrier out of the car she was perfectly calm. I suspect the drive to Venice Friday might prove to be interesting! We got kitty downers for the flight, thank goodness.

On the business front, I've finished the first edit of Rogue Pawn. Feels good to have it done. Not that the work is done by any means. I had to edit on hard copy because my time on the laptop is so limited right now. It's rather bulky so I'm glad not to have to take it in carry-on! If I had to guess, I'd say I've cut about 2,000 words. Not too bad for the first edit, I guess, but it's still going to be a little long I think. The other caveat right now is that the transformer we had the laptop on keeps eating fuses, so I don't think I'll be able to start the electronic copy until this weekend when, in theory, I'll be up late at night from jet lag. Yeah, maybe. Now that I've had time to work on it I want to keep going and it's frustrating not to be able to.

It's also frustrating to try to type ' and get à. Flipping European keyboards! I had no idea they were different until I came here. *sigh*

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home